Wednesday, October 31, 2012

School Daze

         
Earlier this week I went to visit my old stomping grounds. Even though I don’t live far from there now, it seemed like a completely different world when I went to visit. I have so many memories from my school daze good and bad but all priceless.

When I stepped on the Cal State Northridge campus I was wide eyed and excited about life and my future. Coming from Victorville this was kind of like a big deal. I had already lost a scholarship to a four-year university back in high school because I didn’t take care of business, lesson learned. I went to San Bernardino Valley College for two years and worked my butt off to get to CSUN. To some CSUN is “JUST A STATE SCHOOL”.... JUST A STATE SCHOOL WWWHHHAAATTTTT!! are you CRAZY!!!  This place CHANGED MY LIFE. This place raised me when family wasn’t around. This place opened my eyes to what I could be if I just put my heart and soul into it. Maybe some are embarrassed they “only went to CSUN” and not the school on the other side of the hill. But I’m not one of them I’m proud to be a Matador as silly as that may sound to some. Shoot I met my best friend on the CSUN campus and eventually married her and eventually started The Ivorys with her so I owe CSUN more then I can ever repay. GO MATADORS!!!






        

   

       

       

       

Home       

Despite what my teammates say I owned this pit while I was on the track team.       
   

   For some reason this was the spot to hang out in between classes    

Manzanita Hall...The place where I found my voice.       

      

      

      

   

This place will always be NCR in my book.   

   GO MATADORS!!!!