Thursday, October 13, 2011

Exile: 4Trk Mind

One of my favorite producers of all time, Exile, most notably known for his work on such classic albums as Blu's Below the Heavens and Fashawn's Boy Meets World has decided to step behind the mic and show the world that not only can he produce great music but that he is lyrical as well.

Check out a portion of the Q&A The Company Man from Brooklynbodega.com did with Exile back in September as he discusses 4Trk Mind:
Brooklyn Bodega: You’ve got 4 Track Mind on the way. You rhymed on Below The Heavens. You rhymed on Boy Meets World. What made you decide to put together a full project?
Exile: Just feeling like I’m at a stage where I can make a whole album with just me. I just had the time to be able to concentrate on myself as opposed to these other fucking emcees. [Laughs] I’m just kidding. It just naturally happened.
Brooklyn Bodega: So you always thought about being an emcee? Were you an emcee first?
Exile: I tried to dance first. I tried to beatbox. I tried to rap. Then I started making beats, I guess. There was some graffiti in between there and some skateboarding. All that shit.
Brooklyn Bodega: Sounds like you’ve got every element down.
Exile: Pretty much. If you get me really drunk, sometimes I can hit some cool moves.
Brooklyn Bodega: With 4 Track Mind is entirely produced by you and you’re rhyming. Are you concerned about the producer-turned-rapper stigma in any way?
Exile: I wouldn’t say I’m concerned, but I’m definitely curious to what people are going to think about this album, whether being a producer or not. I guess it is that stigma of them already knowing me as a producer; them already respecting me as a producer. What the hell are they going to think about this album? I’m very curious. But off of this mixtape I just put out, Intro To The Outro, I’ve been getting good responses off of the one song off of the album here. People like it. Let’s see how they like the rest. Time will tell.
Make sure you get 4Trk Mind and check out one of Exile's songs "Klepto" as well as the funny commercial for Exile's Album.



 

-Ernest Ivory